Front Facial Arched with square columns

sfo1ckh

Sorry, thought I had done this back then and just last week, was in wrong area, just did now.  Thanks for the tip on cabinets, sofits ... attached picture of what I did so far, can you give an idea on how I would create the arch between the columns and/or the stucco around the two windows on the right side of the front door?

square columns.jpg

webb house picture.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You would get better help if we could see what you are trying to model. A head on picture taken from the street does not provide enough detail.

You must do this with walls and use a doorway or window etc to create the arch.

You don't need to use only walls. You can use soffits too. Walls and soffits can share the same space, or soffits can be positioned on the wall to give you something to place a molding on.

Try to think of the tools you have available and what they are capable of, then use them as needed to build the model.

With Suite, you have limited options, so you need to make up for the shortcomings of the software.

You need to update your signature.

Open the core library and select any one of the moldings.
Click on the door casing in a 3d view.

Did you delete the microwave oven that is in outer space southeast of the house?
It is creating havoc with the full perspective overview.

image.thumb.png.5158ea6e4cbf432c10af7ec86a000e73.png

I must be really dumb; but I could not find anything that would put a round arch trim like you were able to do: and yes I did delete the microwave.  I went to moldings, doors and nothing would take because there is only a doorway, not a door?  Where should I look?

Do I have to delete what I have for the archway already and build a new wall and then install the round door way?  If so, I built the wall with sofits and the archway will not take in a sofit, it would require a complete rebuild of my entire entrance?

On 12/19/2020 at 7:45 PM, solver said:

You must do this with walls and use a doorway or window etc to create the arch.

You don't need to use only walls. You can use soffits too. Walls and soffits can share the same space, or soffits can be positioned on the wall to give you something to place a molding on.

Try to think of the tools you have available and what they are capable of, then use them as needed to build the model.