Creating deck around something / cutting a hole in a deck

chiefuserdavido

Hello,

Using Home Designer Pro 2020.

I have created an in ground swimming pool using rectangular 8x4 m terrain feature, filling it with "water" using a geomeric shape. All is well so far.

I need to build a deck around around the pool. See the plan drawing attached. I find no way would be to create a "hole" in the deck for the pool.

How do i accomplish creating a deck around the pool?

Best regards, David

656172666_deckaroundpool.thumb.jpg.4658a17a1e93651e1deb52c1a518d057.jpg

6 dec.jpg

chiefuserdavido 's solution is workable. You can draw a deck around the pool and then use a polyline set to "Hole in floor" to cut out for the pool or as he said, draw the deck around the pool, using invisible railing/deck walls to define the deck around the existing pool. Either way should work.

DJP

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2020 at 11:23 AM, DavidJPotter said:

chiefuserdavido 's solution is workable. You can draw a deck around the pool and then use a polyline set to "Hole in floor" to cut out for the pool or as he said, draw the deck around the pool, using invisible railing/deck walls to define the deck around the existing pool. Either way should work.

DJP

Can somebody please explain a bit more on "polyline set to "Hole in floor". I need to build a deck around a Hot Tub. Thank you!