Copies of Plan Materials

davidstvz

Quick question:  is there a quick way to apply a material as a copy using the dropper tool?  I just want to grab a material with the eye dropper, then apply it as a copy (so I can set a different rotation from the original).  I know a bunch of other ways to do that, but they're all kind of slow.

No,sorry, that is what the "Adjust Material" tool is for partially. You make a copy of the material you intend to alter. Then once copied and renamed, you can then edit the new material with the new name to the orientation you wish. Check out these helpful articles and videos about materials on the Home Designer Website.

DJP

Yes, it seems if you have changed the applied material, then applying again from the library will insert a new copy (even if you don’t rename the original). But if you apply a library material already in the plan that hasn’t been edited, then it will just use that reference instead of inserting a new reference which can be edited separately.

The only way to leave the original untouched is to use the tool with the spray paint icon, choose from plan materials and click the copy button. It’s a little unintuitive.