Offset L-shaped roof

ChiefUserKenAA

Hi,

I'm new and have downloaded the trial version of Designer Suite.

Home Designer Suite 2021Trial Version

Build 22.3.0.55x64

June 8, 2020

I've imputed the basic design of my house (an L-shaped single story ranch), but have been unable to properly create a roof over the garage. The problem seems to be the offset.

I've attached a couple of screen shots.

I've watched some of the roof videos, and tried a few things, but have not resolved the issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

....Ken

Screenshot 2020-11-29 165147.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-29 165040.jpg

Your plan doesn't look like the house. Dimensions and roof pitch are both off. Suggest creating an accurate model if you are wanting to reproduce your house.

And keep in mind that Suite has limited roof controls and often needs to be tricked into building what you may want.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I created an accurate plan, but the program crashed. I don't think the trial version has the ability to save a plan, so I didn't 

want to go through the whole process again until I was sure I could solve the roof issue. The roof over the garage looks

correct if I put the left garage wall in line with the house left wall (see attached), but I cant figure out how to make the roof over the garage

work if I offset the garage to the left. I didn't want to buy the product until I felt confident that I can fix the issue. 

Thanks again for your help.

145750088_Screenshot2020-11-29195623.thumb.jpg.42392288635ccf62ac3514d363471673.jpg480071914_Screenshot2020-11-29195552.thumb.jpg.f02c4fd02c0db1353d81fe15e6f5d7b1.jpg

....Ken

32 minutes ago, ChiefUserKenAA said:

I didn't want to buy the product until I felt confident that I can fix the issue. 

There is a 30 day period for trying the full product. Consider purchasing and spending that time working to build the model. It's really difficult to help someone using the trial because you cannot save and attach plans here for others to work with.

I suggested creating an accurate model because fractions of an inch will sometimes make or break the roof. A fix for one model may be different from another -- it just depends on the exact situation.