Finding/Moving Roof Baselines

MississippiMims

I have attached a plan that I am working on and I'm trying to get the roof planes as close as I can to what I want with Auto Build Roofs.  However, I would like for Ridge A to match Ridge B.  The problem I'm having is even finding the baseline for the roof plane to the front of Ridge A since it ends at a point.  Any suggestions?  Also any help with why my walls wont fill in the gables correctly would be appreciated.  

Wes Mims

Martin.plan

Another great tutorial Eric, thanks.  However, I am needing to move the other ridge to match the one you moved.  You are correct that was a garage and there will be a bonus room when I get the roof figured out.  That's the most frustrating thing about this program.  When I get ready to add a bonus room, I have to turn off auto build roofs.  Therefore, when I need to make changes to the first floor, I have to make roof changes manually.  Which is not always easy.  I always try to get the layout of the house as close to complete as possible and then try to get the roof how I need it so I don't have to make changes to the roof later.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MississippiMims said:

I noticed that when you cut your section, it showed trusses and joists.  Is that something that Pro will do?  Am I just missing the settings?

I think you need to spend some dedicated time watching videos/reading articles/documentation. Don't know what you use the software for, but if it's for business, it will make you more efficient, and you will probably learn things you did not know about.

And if you are still using 2018, consider an upgrade when 2022 comes out next year. Lots of new features introduced over several years.

I was using Premier in the video, but yes, Pro will show trusses and joists.

I started with the software to draw spec houses that my business partner and I are also building.  We also build custom homes, most of which I have been drawing the plans for as well.  Efficiency is most definitely what I seek.  As you can imagine between designing, building, and a full time job as a fireman, spare time is short.  I will most likely take advantage of the update next year and might consider premier.