Help please. I want to create a 12" interior wall with a 12" door with wall and door coming together at a 45 degree angle

HHMFOG

Suite is the least able software that Home Designer makes, it is also the cheapest. That said, it appears that you have figured out how to create a 12" thick wall. Now you just draw two such walls at 45 degrees to each other and place a door in each wall. The main thing you cannot do using Suite is to vary the thickness of doors nor can you alter the casing of such doors in Suite. Other than those limitations that are built-in, you should be able to do this in Suite.

DJP

11 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

Suite is the least able software that Home Designer makes, it is also the cheapest. That said, it appears that you have figured out how to create a 12" thick wall. Now you just draw two such walls at 45 degrees to each other and place a door in each wall. The main thing you cannot do using Suite is to vary the thickness of doors nor can you alter the casing of such doors in Suite. Other than those limitations that are built-in, you should be able to do this in Suite.

DJP

Thank you for replying David. Would the Architectural version better allow me to create the plan I am attempting? And if so is there some guidance that would help get me started or specific videos or tutorials that would help on this particular topic? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I think David may not have understood the problem.

I've tried to show what I think you want with a darker gray door in a wall shown in the closed position, and the lighter gray shown open.

If so, no Home Designer or Chief Architect product will do this using the included door and wall tools. 

With some work, you could model this, but it won't function as a door. 

ht1.thumb.png.11289530f0ff97f3ea64a8575cee7f11.png

Thank you Solver. This works as this is what I am trying to accomplish. Assumed Suites woudn't do this. Found some other things it wouldn't do and decided to upgrade to Architectural version. Not sure if I'd need more to replicate what you've done but hoping I can manage it with what I've got so far.