Can't change gable roof pitch (Suite)

AllDoneHM

I'm designing an addition to a rectangular house which currently has full 9/12 gables on the N & S ends. The addition will be on the E side and will also have a full gable end, but I need that to have a steeper pitch, probably 12/12. The roof planes are rendering correctly, but I can't change the pitch of that east gable. I've tried setting the pitch to both 9 & 12 using both the Default settings and the Build Roof tool, then attempted to change the pitch of individual walls. When I do that, the pitch field is inoperable but displays the word "Vertical" and the wrench icon.

I know I must be missing something, but I'm stuck. Thanks!

53 minutes ago, AllDoneHM said:

then attempted to change the pitch of individual walls. When I do that, the pitch field is inoperable but displays the word "Vertical" and the wrench icon.

You are trying to set the gable end to have a specific pitch, instead set the 2 walls that connect to the end wall to have a different pitch.

Thanks so much for your response and suggestions. I've added the version info to my signature and turned it on.

I use the help system extensively and searched knowledge base, forum, and internet.

I have done as you say, to change the pitch on the two bearing walls, but it won't take. It just remains at 9/12.

Edited by AllDoneHM

Search the Home Designer website for cape.

You will find articles and maybe a video on how to build a house like yours.

Don't confuse your terminology with what the program uses as they may be different. In this case, you have a 2 story house, not a story and a half, and your 2nd floor is not in the attic. The program will always have an automatic Attic level, but there may not be anything on it.

The key point is that you cannot define a room on the Attic level, you need a numbered level anytime you want a room on that level.