Material list vs master list

KilgoreRemod

I have read the help manual and watched tutorial videos, as well as searched forum topics, have not found my answer yet.  I have prices imported into my master list, cannot draw them into my plan material list.  Based on what I have read, it is because the information is not identical.  I have tried changing the reporting method, gone through every available setting I can find, and cannot get the information to move back into the material list.  Master list shows board lengths in even fractions, material list is in decimals.  Material list will not change from decimals no matter what setting I use, linear, cut, or buy list, regardless of feet, inches, or combination.  

1)  I have never seen a 40' board in any lumber yard, why does my material list tell me that I need a 40' piece when I change it to "buy list"?

2)  how do I get the pricing to move back into the material list from the master?  these prices were imported to the master from this list, I have not changed the plan, I have only closed and reopened material lists, so it stands to reason that the items imported to the master should match the material list they were imported from.

image.thumb.png.8492f153482f6f82b6a5492de9f265b2.png

26 minutes ago, KilgoreRemod said:

how do I get the pricing to move back into the material list from the master? 

There is an Update from Master button just like the Update to Master button.

37 minutes ago, KilgoreRemod said:

I have never seen a 40' board in any lumber yard, why does my material list tell me that I need a 40' piece when I change it to "buy list"?

I think the program does not know how to handle longer lengths. It works maybe up to 20' or so, but for longer lengths it just shows the actual length.

39 minutes ago, KilgoreRemod said:

Material list will not change from decimals no matter what setting I use

Don't know -- never see this.

I don't use the materials or master list, and you will probably get your best answers, especially about the decimal format by submitting a question to Home Designer/Chief support.

The "update from master" button does nothing.  As I stated, based on the reading I have done, I believe it is because the master list description is not identical to the material list description (lengths in even numbers vs decimal numbers).  So, back to my original question, how do I get the lengths in the master and material lists to register the same?

image.thumb.png.6438423242100ac0408a9ffb2ebc0c90.png

image.png