Newbie knee wall foundation

R-I-C-K

Hi Designer Wizards,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I am using the Home Designer Suite (Trial at the moment until the huge 50% off cyber sale??? OK maybe not ;)). Anyway, I am interested in doing a basement finishing project. The house is a split entry mostly above grade with a concrete foundation knee wall (not stepped) all the way around with framed exterior walls above with windows etc. Part of the basement is the garage...this is a typical 70's split. I cannot find any information on how to construct a knee wall as described above. Ultimately, the foundation knee wall will have an insulated, framed half wall built in front of it.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!

I don't think that Suite has pony walls.

Your finished basement will have a full foundation wall, not a knee wall.

Type 'Split level structure' in the forum search box, and also in the knowledge base search box, for more info and suggestions for this type of structure.

Posting a jpeg pic of the house will help others to help you with more specific problems.

You will need to do some 'work-arounds' to get the desired look that you want.

1 hour ago, R-I-C-K said:

Any information is appreciated.

Only Architectural and above have the "Pony-Wall" Feature you need to show a foundation wall that has concrete on the bottom and frame wall on top (Like Jp_Ann said). If you wish to step the foundation as well, you can skip Architectural and go with Home Designer Pro that also has the ability to pony-wall and STEP foundation walls.

Happy Thanksgiving!

DJP