Unable to paint block attic wall

DanielJay

I am using 8" CMU Block for my exterior walls. The house is 1 story with different ceiling heights and therefore different roof heights from room to room. There is one section of wall that shows between a higher hip roof and a lower hip roof and it displays as block. I am trying to paint the block the same color as the rest of the exterior of the home but it doesn't seem to work. When I use the "Material Painter" tool nothing happens. I have tried using "wall coverings" but it also does not do the job. I have tried making it a pony wall, but it doesn't help. And I have tried selecting Wall Type below if separated by butting roof but it doesn't help. What am I doing wrong? Also, I have a similar "attic wall" on another portion of the house and I had no problem using the "material painter" to paint the wall to match the exterior, however this wall is not block but I don't understand why that matters. I posted pictures of both cases and the simplified plan.

FA 20 Help.zip

Attic wall no paint.png

Attic wall with paint.png

I guess I incorrectly called it an "attic wall". 

The wall type seams to be correct. On the "exterior side" which is outside next to the front door it is a Block wall that goes all the way up to the 15' ceiling above. On the interior side it is block wall with 2" of furring strips and drywall until it protrudes through the ceiling of that room and then it is just block. I just can't seem to paint the block.