Structural Member Report not generating

MichaelScott

Working in HD Pro 2021.    I have a preliminary design which is generating framing.  The full Material List is generating with no problem, see all the items including framing.  I cannot get a list from any of the Structural Member Reports (Cut List, Total List, Buy List).  Been through the Default and Tools dialogue many times.   Thanks for any guidance. Michael 

Frame.JPG

3 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

The full Material List is generating with no problem, see all the items including framing.  I cannot get a list from any of the Structural Member Reports (Cut List, Total List, Buy List). 

I don't understand "I cannot get a list from any of the Structural Member Reports (Cut List, Total List, Buy List)".

What's stopping you? What's not working?

I have the file opened, I see the plan, I see the frame in 3d next to it.   So I want to send the structural member list out to the frame crew for a bid, export the list to Excel.  So I click on tools, click on Materials, click on Structural Member Reporting, click on any of the reports, and nothing happens.  Same when I select cut list,  linear length or buy list.  I click the selection, no list is generated.  Then I click on the full materials list, and that list appears on the screen next to the plan, with all the framing members on that list, along with everything else. I am sure it is a simple mistake, but I am not finding it. 

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

So I click on tools, click on Materials, click on Structural Member Reporting, click on any of the reports, and nothing happens.

Nothing is supposed to happen.

When you open the Structural Member Reporting dialog, click the Help button and read what comes up.

You need to generate the materials list, export and clean it up in Excel as required.

You have these options too.

ht1.thumb.png.4cfd5c204af44d7dd68829d6505951bf.png