Wall is partially interior, partially exterior. Trying to make wall coverings work right?

KilgoreRemod

I am designing a house with a taller garage and hip roof design.  Because of this, a small triangle of the interior garage wall under the soffits becomes exterior.  How do I make those 2 triangle sections of wall show up as exterior and have appropriate metal siding.  I have attempted marking it as an exterior wall, adjusting wall coverings, among several other things, and have not figured out how to make it happen.  I am still learning the software, any assistance would be appreciated.

Aaron Kilgore

Kilgore Remodeling Services

Home Designer Pro 2021

stiver1.plan

Wall Coverings are a thing in the software -- see the Wall Covering panel when you open a wall.

I've not looked at the plan (pictures of the problem always help) but read about Roof Cuts Wall At Bottom, and Lower Wall Type When Split By Butting Roof.

1 hour ago, KilgoreRemod said:

are those topics in help, or something in this forum?

They can be found under "Help" in your running program, they also can be found at the Home Designer Website under "User Center" and also under "Support - Knowledge Base" where searchable help articles, training videos and other useful resources can be found and used.

DJP

I can not find those topics in help, and have a couple other issues that I need some guidance on.  First, I have changed the roof design to full gable, and where there is a height difference in roofs, the walls are not showing up in the exterior sections between the level changes.  I am sure that once I get the walls to appear, I will have the same issue with wall coverings in that area.  Is there a way that you can show me how to make this happen?

Second, I am working with the material lists to get this job bid done, and certain materials will not show up in the list, and will not show up in the model.  Prime example would be that I want all bathrooms, kitchen and laundry to have greenboard wall board.  I have changed the room definition in the room dialog, and the green board will not populate in the list.  I have attempted to change materials on the wall definition, and every wall in the house changes to one side drywall, one side green board, and the green board still does not populate in the list.  I have tried working with that specific wall, and it changes every interior wall in the house.  I am concerned that this is only the first material I have noticed, and that there will be others that I have to deal with in the same manner.  How do I get the wet location rooms to be green board walls, and make the appropriate amount of green board to show up in the material list?

I have watched the tutorial videos, and they just say that the material list populates it, in this case, and other cases for me in the past, this is not the case, I am convinced that I am missing a button somewhere, just dont know where it is.  I have been searching for resolutions in the help and forums for 2 days now, please assist.

I have attached a pdf export pic of the roof situation and my plan drawing of the entire house.

Aaron Kilgore

Kilgore Remodeling Services

Windows 10 OS

Home Designer Pro 2021 

stiver3 gable wall issue.pdf

stiver3 gable.plan

That changes every interior wall in the house, I have tried using breaks in the wall to get specifically the section I want, but the program pops up a warning that I am changing the exterior side of an exterior wall (not true, I am changing the bathroom side of an interior wall on an interior bathroom), and random walls throughout the house change.  I am clicking on the specific wall I want, going to wall definitions, wall types, define, and changing one side to green board, (materials/wallboard/4x8/green board) leaving the other side drywall, on one particular wall.