Bonus Room Over Garage

MississippiMims

I'm trying to add a bonus room over the garage of the attached floor plan.  I want to add the bonus room without altering the current roof.  I want the side walls added where they meet the roof at 4' and the flat ceiling height at 8'.  This seems to be a simple concept but I'm having a little trouble accomplishing it.  I have searched the forum as well as Solver's youtube channel.  The video tutorials from the website only shows stand alone garages with taller exterior walls that raise the roof.  Any help would be appreciated.

Davenport.plan

56 minutes ago, MississippiMims said:

I want the side walls added where they meet the roof at 4'

What's the 4' dimension? Wall height, in from outside wall?

2 minutes ago, MississippiMims said:

I can place the walls in the attic

You need to be working on a numbered floor -- whatever is above the garage. You cannot define rooms on the Attic level.

You have to build the second floor, check make floor blank, then build the room over the garage and lower it to 48".

None of the rooms are defined ie Bath, Kitchen etc.  When you click on the electrical icon and click "auto place outlets".

the software will automatically place the outlets. Rooms that are defined as Kitchen and Baths will have GFCI placed

automatically.

• 2 weeks later...