Exterior wall generating third floor unwanted extension

MichaelScott

Hello -   My first drawing.  Works great but one 2nd floor wall is automatically generating an extension to the third floor.  I know it is this wall because the extension goes away when I delete the wall below it.  I have set and reset the default floor dimensions about a dozen times to no effect.   I have a roof set over the second floor and the third floor, toggling that does not change the extension.  Thank you!  Michael 

Wall Extend.JPG

Hello -  Thanks for your reply.   I did add my signature, I am using Home Designer 2021.   Thank you for you YouTube post, it is very helpful.  I have extensively viewed HD videos, checked the Knowledge Base, I am not finding any wall or roof videos or user replies that deal with this multi-floor issue, I would not be posting unless I had already spent the better part of two days using all the help functions to solve the problem.  All of the help videos I am watching for HD do not show constructing a multi-floor example.  They show it in the picture but not in the video.  There is something I am missing in the complex interaction between auto roof, auto walls, default roof, auto roof, manual roof, manual walls.   Trial-and-error has 10x possible combinations.   I show the issues below where items are coming up through the roof and some walls are not connecting to the roof.   The walls on the 2nd and 3rd floor are set to "Shed Roof/Gable Roof."   Any guidance appreciated. Thank you, M. 

Roof1.JPG

Roof2.JPG

"Automatic" software cannot be preprogrammed to handle any and all possibilities, so when short-falls occur, the end-user must step in and correct what the software got wrong or incomplete. Walls have wall polylines that can be adjusted-edited in camera views (usually an elevation camera is best for such editing). Most software short-falls are caused by improper settings or paradoxical settings that cause unwanted results, so it is incumbent upon the end-user to spend some time learning all the settings and when and when not to use them and in what order to use or not use them. On my YouTube Chanel are many videos of me adjusting-editing wall polylines but the best method is by way of proper settings and procedures.

DJP

A couple of tips on images posted here. Generally, Vector View is best as it shows more detail, and if you you will go to the Adjust Sunlight dialog, and set Use Generic Sun and check Sun Follows Camera, then the model will be well lit at any camera position.

I suspect much of the problem is with your roof planes intruding into the structure instead of butting up against the exterior walls. I've drawn a red line in the image as an example. Same for the other roof plane on the same floor -- it looks like it needs to be reshaped.

If this is an existing house, pictures of it would be helpful. You can also attach the plan file (close Pro first) for others to work with. 

As for the things poking through the roof, the roof is too low, or the items are positioned incorrectly.

Looking at your first image just above, see the far right corner, and note how the walls do not align floor to floor. It's best to clean things like this up as you go.

ht1.thumb.png.74a62a99b67de274f932aa93949c74ec.png