Calculating roof length and width

Chief1chief1

I am trying to calculate the length and width of each section of an autogenerated roof.  I see how to calculate the square footage through materials but not the dimensions.

Using this for a solar project. 

Software: home designer suite 2020

Edited by Chief1chief1
Added what software version

If you have Home Designer Pro you can open a roof plan specification dialog - Polyline tab and find out the area of a roof plane. You can click on each edge of a roof plane - open its dialog and look at the "Selected Line" that  yo clicked on and find its length as well. This is NOT the case in Suite or Architectural, sorry. In Suite and Architectural you can use "Dimension tools - Tape Measure" to dimension the lines of each roof plane while in plan view manually.

DJP

• Upvote 1

DavidJPotter - Thank you for your response.  Within Suite I am unclear how to view the roof in plan view in order to measure them.  The roof lines are there but not the roof planes for which I am looking to measure.  In any other view the manual measure/dimension tools are not available.  Any suggestions?  Thank You.

How are you trying to do your measurements?

The Tape Measure tool is available in Elevations.

1 hour ago, Chief1chief1 said:

The roof lines are there but not the roof planes for which I am looking to measure. 

Those lines represent the roof planes.