U Shaped Railing

LindaM

I have two questions:  I'm working on an 1850 farmhouse staircase railing that does a u turn at the landing at top of stairs; it u's into the 2nd floor railing.  Can I draw this in HD Pro 2020? My other question is is there a way to create a round railing?  This is the only picture I have of the railing from another room but you can see how it turns to continue down staircase.  Thanks so much! 

5331CE91-C824-4A7C-A6A1-7FFD41612A1E.jpeg

Unlike Chief Premier that has custom molding polylines Home Designer Pro does not. What can be done in Pro is by the additional use of a free software program called "Sketch Up". In sketch up you can make, from scratch 3D symbols and objects that can then be imported into Pro as symbols for use in your plan files. (Groan ! another software program to learn!). Sketch UP, as I said is a free cloud based software application that is easy to learn and use. You can make Newels and Balusters round or square by way of the respective dialog box for rails and stairs but rails, in Pro are by default "square", sorry.

BTW I see no railings in your posted image, just plumbing and electrical conduits.

DJP

This is rough, and may not do everything you need, but should get you started.

I placed a landing at the top of the stairs and set its height to be the same as the 2nd floor. This gives the stair railing something to connect to and create the transitions.

ht1.thumb.png.e6a7f920386e39127d4520dff12b926d.png

Earlier, when I was searching for help I found a thread that lead to a You Tube video you recorded to help someone that was creating a curved staircase with multiple landings. 

Thanks so much for this, appreciate it!