Pony Wall

boozilla47933

Is there a way to change a regular exterior wall to a Pony wall or do I have to delete it and replace it with a pony wall and the add all the electrical, windows, doors, etc back in again? I have Home Designer Architectural X11 / 2020. I have a complete plan drawn up but decided that I want to make the exterior wall half brick and half siding! When i click on exterior wall there is no option to chaange it to a pony wall that I can see.

• 1 year later...
On 9/19/2020 at 2:24 PM, solver said:

Try it and see.

Hmmm, not super helpful.

On 9/19/2020 at 1:59 PM, boozilla47933 said:

Is there a way to change a regular exterior wall to a Pony wall or do I have to delete it and replace it with a pony wall and the add all the electrical, windows, doors, etc back in again? I have Home Designer Architectural X11 / 2020. I have a complete plan drawn up but decided that I want to make the exterior wall half brick and half siding! When i click on exterior wall there is no option to chaange it to a pony wall that I can see.

I haven't found an option either. Replacing the wall wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for all the windows/doors etc that I've also got attached to the wall. I can see that for the most part it really just comes down to the "components" of the wall, but so far I haven't been successful in copying those across walls either. This is a bummer. I'll report back if I somehow stumble onto a solution.

This is my first post here on these forums—is there any representation from CA officials? If so, maybe someone will chime in, although I'm not hopeful, as it's been over a year.

Pro has pony walls included in the 'drop down' wall menu, making it easy to change wall types.

Architectural does not (kind of silly that it's not included).  At least I don't think it has been added to the new version.

To make it easier to change to a pony wall, FIRST hold down the control key and multi-select every door/window in the wall and copy.

Delete the wall and draw in the new pony wall.

"Paste in Place"  the doors/windows that were copied.

This forum offers help from users, like yourself.  Rarely is there any comment from Home Designer moderators.

And like Eric said, it is best to start a new thread.

21 hours ago, Jo_Ann said:

Pro has pony walls included in the 'drop down' wall menu, making it easy to change wall types.

Architectural does not (kind of silly that it's not included).  At least I don't think it has been added to the new version.

To make it easier to change to a pony wall, FIRST hold down the control key and multi-select every door/window in the wall and copy.

Delete the wall and draw in the new pony wall.

"Paste in Place"  the doors/windows that were copied.

This forum offers help from users, like yourself.  Rarely is there any comment from Home Designer moderators.

And like Eric said, it is best to start a new thread.

Why does anyone need to start a new thread? I was contributing my experience to OPs question. Scattering a forum with 100 of the same question is a great way to proliferate the disorganization of information. This is fine :)

• Downvote 1