Grey Circle and strange symbol appears where two walls meet

johnbillett

Go to solution Solved by solver,

I've just started using the Home Designer Suite 2015. In one part of the house, there is a storage room divided in half by a wooden panel. Where the wooden panel butts up against the brick wall, a grey circle has appeared in the plan view. Also, there is a symbol on the "select" tool crosshairs, that seems to be suggesting that the two walls should be joined. See attached files.

I can't find any reference to this in the manual, nor any way of getting rid of it. What I have designed is correct.

Can anyone help or give me any ideas?

Thanks

John

post-1496-0-53681500-1420733832_thumb.jpg

post-1496-0-00086200-1420733836_thumb.jpg

Oh, by the way, the two are fractionally separated by a minute gap. But if you try to put the panel right against the brick, the two snap merge into one, with the wooden panel inside the brickwork, which makes it worse, with the grey circle much larger. John

This is actually a very useful new feature that shows exactly where faulty wall connections are so they can easily be found and fixed. In older versions one had to just methodically check all wall connections until you found the one that needed repairing. Fix the wall connection and the circle will then go away from your plan view and cursor.

DJP

DJP, thanks for your reply.

The problem is I don't know how to fix it. If I move them any closer together, the wood panel gets sucked into the brickwork making it worse, and grey circle is still there. It seems the only way I can remove it is to move the wooden panel away from the brick by more than the brick wall thickness.

Cheers

John

See attached pics 3 and 4.

post-1496-0-65752400-1420737525_thumb.jpg

post-1496-0-70178200-1420737528_thumb.jpg

• Solution

Are you using a wall as your wooden panel? Walls want to automatically connect to each other -- very annoying at times.

If you can model this as something else, like a soffit, it would be an independent object and placed as needed.

• Upvote 1