Gap above door

ChiefJeet

I have a door and a window in place. The window fits the full opening of the wall but the door shows a gap above the top of the door.

I have opened the window specification  and the door specifications and the both looks similar. There is insulation wrap showing above the door and I wish to show brickwork. Tried changing most of the settings but cannot seems to correct it. Please help. Plan file attached.

Door Gap.jpg

FinchfieldRdW47.plan

• 2 weeks later...

After looking at your plan, I saw that the custom wall types you made through out the plan are customized wrong which is causing the unwanted outcomes. Open the Wall Specification Dialog - Wall Types and properly place space, in the dialog between Interior layers and exterior layers. Comonly one assigns A SINGLE LAYER as your "Structural" layer unlike what you did. Read, carefully the Reference Manual section on Customizing Walls using the Wall Specification Dialog.

DJP

Thank you Gary. Your suggestion resolved the problem.

I have changed the wall definition as you suggested David, giving each wall a thickness to exterior and interior layer. The manual says that one can have multiple layers as main layer as the case is with the cavity wall. In the case of blockwork wall, there can be an exterior layer as render but with facing brick wall, there will not be an exterior layer. Even with using walls with with exterior layers, I still have ca cross wall showing through the elevation and there is a gap on the side elevation. I cannot figure out how to avoid this. I have attached the plan file and a video for seeking a solution. Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Wall overlapping 3.jpg

AAPlan1Composite.plan