Different Size Foundation

Jayrocndc

Hello HomeTalk!

First day with the Home Design Pro 2021 and I am having a blast.  I plan to purchase a new home in the coming months and thought I would try my hand at designing a house to my liking.

Looking for inspiration - I came across this home design.

I've gotten a fairly good start on drawing walls and inserting windows and doors.

What is the best way method for changing the foundation to matching closely to the design in the picture? Notably the garage is sitting lower than the rest of the house.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Drummond - Joshua II.jpg

Leave the bulk of the house floor at the default "Zero inches", then lower just the garage by -56"  (Your posted image shows 8 steps to the front porch so I used 7" per step times the number of steps. You then create the Terrain Plane and set its "Building Pad" to a height of 56" (this setting works in the reverse of lowering the garage). When you then build the foundation, set the stem wall height to about 66" to fill in between the floor of the house and the terrain plane.

DJP

• Upvote 1

This was both fun and difficult process. This is not a pretty plan by any means lol.

I am not sure how to fix the garage floor - its a bit more sunk in than expected.  Any tips on bring it level is greatly appreciated.

I think this a good first go at using the software (with 0 background in using design/architecture lol).  I will try another design from scratch to see what I can come up with.

Test Plan.plan