Kristine

Colours Presenting Inaccurately

Hi all. Hoping someone can shed some light (no pun intended) on why my model colours are presenting so inaccurately in the Physically Based view?

Image attached shows Physically Based (top) and Standard (bottom). In the model I have the ceiling, walls and beams all set to pure white, however as can clearly be seen in the Physically Based grab the walls appear grey, the ceiling appears beige and the beams are a bright icy-white. Have tried multiple lighting and setting changes though nothing seems to help.

Thanks in advance. 

Colours.jpg

I notice also in your PB image that the beams look similar to the colour outside as shown in the tall narrow window;

What light source is defaulting for that view? I generally use the 'automatic' setting button.

I'd try another view always - and see if that is the same.

There are some other options that could be reviewed in the pln file.

Thanks. Yes, the light source is just 'Automatic'. Changing to 'Use Light Settings' doesn't change the appearance of the colours, even if I play around with the light settings and add/remove them. I've tried several views and making adjustments to all sorts of things. I really can't get it looking right.

OK - would you want to post your pln file so members can have a bit of a look see at it for you? There are a few very experienced users on the forum that have not appeared as yet that may throw some light on it (oops). I use the PB render all the time and have had similar and other issues - but it usually runs very, very well I think. Its hard to set the situation up from scratch and try to fix it - if you see what I mean? I'd also check the materials on the beams. And I'd check the Sunlight adjustment to see if things change.

Thanks so much. I was hesitant to share the file because I'm using this plan purely for interior decorating purposes and know that it's poorly resolved overall - and I wanted to avoid the scrutiny - LOL! I have attached it now.
Have also attached some other images of spaces I've manged to capture using the "Physically Based" camera view so people don't assume I'm totally hopeless.

Bianca Final.plan

Final 9.jpg

This particular image uses a "Standard" view. I just wanted to share a detailed interior I have created as it displays the importance of the cosmetic/aesthetic nature of my work.

After.jpg