Window size labels for stacked windows

becForest

With the windows and door label layers checked "on" stacked door and transom or a window and a transom above the labels start out on top of each other. So all you need to do is to left-click-select a window or door with transom and if you are zoomed in close you will see a tiny dot which is the selected door or window's label. Once selected just drag the label out a little bit to reveal the other stacked object's label in plan view.

DJP

I am using Home Designer 2020, and I do not appear to be able to move an opening label as you indicate. I can see that the lower window label is "under" the visible label, but I can't move either.

BUT: I did notice that I could open the window dialog, go to the Label panel, and select "specify label", which will default to the size label. I just entered 2 black lines , which moved the label to a visible area under the lower window size. I can also add a note such as (transom) after the size label.

10 hours ago, becForest said:

I am using Home Designer 2020, and I do not appear to be able to move an opening label as you indicate. I can see that the lower window label is "under" the visible label, but I can't move either.

BUT: I did notice that I could open the window dialog, go to the Label panel, and select "specify label", which will default to the size label. I just entered 2 black lines , which moved the label to a visible area under the lower window size. I can also add a note such as (transom) after the size label.

My apologies, I was speaking about an ability that exists only in Chief Architect Premier (I assumed it worked the same in Home Designer - it does not), so in the case of stacked windows and doors with transom windows above them one would then have to manually place the unseen window/door labels

DJP