Dimensions numbers overlapping on screen

AndrewJ68

Hi

RE. Home Designer Pro

I am finding working directly with dimensions difficult as they often overlap in the view I have on screen - see example image.

I have tried playing with dimensions settings through Options menu, but this doesn't seem to consistently offer ability to reduce size of text and line arrows enough to always be separated, and zooming in just leaves me admiring the overlapping text in greater detail...

Can anyone either confirm that Options is the only option or provide other guidance.

Many thanks in advance.

Rgds

Andrew

Scrunched dimensions.png

You can manually select and move the dimension lines.

Select the one that overlaps (and use tab or Next to select the one you want if they are overlapping and you can use the mouse (or arrow keys) to move it out of the way.

Hope that helps! 

I'm not an expert myself but that's one thing I've learned to do. I also colour my manual and automatic dimension lines with different colours so I can tell which is which.

...Janet

Hi Eric

Thanks for your reply above.  Looking at more detail I'm not sure of the version as the software doesn't give me a version through the Help/About menu.

I bought the product from this link: https://www.3darchitect.co.uk/3d-architect-home-designer-pro.html  I'm not sure if it's an older version they were selling cheap..

I've put what I know in my signature block...

Rgds

Andrew

Hi Janet

Thank you for your reply.  I have tried your suggestion and, not sure if this is related to the 'version' comments above, but when I select the dimension a small window opens over the top of the dimension on the drawing to modify the dimension number itself.  There does not seem to be an option to 'grab' or highlight and then move the position on the page.  I have tried switching on/off the 'modify' option (for In-Line Measurements), and the 'off' option just doesn't allow a left click or right click activation of the dimension when shown after an item has been selected.

I can tab from dimension to dimension, though, which is useful. (But not Shift/Tab to reverse selection....?)

Rgds

Andrew