"Outside" walls on "indoor" surfaces

4ndrew

I have a 1-story room with a vaulted ceiling that attaches to a 2-story wall.

The geometry appears correct, but I'm not sure if it's possible to tell it that the 2nd story wall exposed by the vault is actually inside the house... and not sure what to look up or what this is called.

What's the best way to "fix" it? Hoping there's something automatic.

room-outside.thumb.jpg.9cc685992a78134abadd07d08f352a38.jpgroom-inside.thumb.jpg.4173a010f74551c5829d82e4455ea81f.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rookie65 said:

You can try to go to your wall, open the "roof" dbx, then look at the bottom where you can change what the wall type is under a roof.

Hi Keith - thanks -  tried it - I don't think HD knows what's actually "inside" vs. "outside" the structure.

Just now, Rookie65 said:

You can tell it to change the wall type below the roof to whatever you need it to be. The 2nd picture in your post looks like it's facing into the lower room and the siding is the 2nd floor exterior wall.

Ah - maybe I'm editing the wrong thing?

Which component should I actually be editing?

Go to the wall specification. Open it up. Go to the "roof" section. At the very bottom is a box that says "Lower wall type if split by Butting roof". Check that, change the lower type to an interior or whatever you want and that should fix it. Your manual is also a great place to look for this stuff.

3 minutes ago, Rookie65 said:

Go to the wall specification. Open it up. Go to the "roof" section. At the very bottom is a box that says "Lower wall type if split by Butting roof". Check that, change the lower type to an interior or whatever you want and that should fix it. Your manual is also a great place to look for this stuff.

Tried that for each wall; no dice. 

As noted in my first post, 

"...and not sure what to look up or what this is called."

4 minutes ago, Rookie65 said:

It sure looks connected in your post. You do realize that you need to do that procedure to the 2nd floor wall, since that's the one that is being intersected?

Hmmm... It doesn't appear to be connected (see daylight between roof and wall in section below), and editing the 2nd floor (besides causing a crash & forcing me to restart.. whoops) doesn't have any effect... 

daylight.thumb.jpg.074051e82d6ad7ff77e86bf647037e57.jpg  1524491662_2nd-floorwall.thumb.jpg.e04a5942037f0de416a665d48b321de8.jpg