different wall thickness

Hannahobday

Hi

I wonder if someone could help me, I guess this will appear a basic question but I am having problems with my wall thickness and matching them up.

I only want to do one room which has three external walls set to 300mm thick and one internal wall set to 100mm thick, when doing this a dotted line appears along the internal wall, and in 3d the ceiling appears to slope slightly (as if the wall was lower but it shouldn't be as it is one room with the same ceiling height) and the walls do not match up (appear flat).  I don't always get this problem sometimes its ok and sometimes it is not, now fed up with it so would like to find out how to sort it out.

I currently using Home Designer Pro 2014.

Many thanks for any help.

/Hanna

I have attached a few images for you to see what I am on about (hopefully this will help).  You should see a dotted line along the interior wall (on the left) which should not be there and I do not know what it is as it just appears.

I hope this is better for you.

Thanks

Hannapost-220-0-41733300-1420714878_thumb.jpgpost-220-0-91051700-1420714889_thumb.jpgpost-220-0-41085700-1420714909_thumb.jpg

Eric is correct in that what you are seeing is because you used three walls of differing thickness. The dashed line seen in plan view is on a layer called "Ceiling break lines" and indicates where the flat ceiling called for in the Room Specification Dialog - Structure Tab - Ceiling Height intrudes into the geometry of the roof (coffered ceiling condition). The remedy is to raise the ceiling height enough so that the ceiling is not coffering at an edge. Or you can lower the ceiling height (which will lower the roof planes) and then turn off "Auto Rebuild Roofs" and then raise the ceiling height back to your original  target value that will then symmetrically coffer all three or four sides of the ceiling. It is a design choice that you can control as you like.

DJP

• Upvote 1

Many thanks for your help in this matter, I went into BUILD - ROOF - DELETE ROOF PLANES this put the room back to normal would not be any good if I needed an external view though lol.

I did try lowering and turning off "auto rebuild" then putting back to original height but this did not seem to work for me, I will try again.