shed roof going wrong way

dailytrek

My shed roof is slanting left to right on the main house and attached garage when I want it to be high front and low back. The main house and garage are attached by a hallway.  I have labeled the main level walls with high shed/gable wall for the side I want high and full gable wall on the two side walls. The lower wall roof options are blank.  The attic walls also are all blank.

Any ideas to resolve this?

Thanks for you help,

Christian

Home Designer Pro 2018

Annotation 2020-08-26 171338.png

wing house with attached garage rectangular.plan

14 minutes ago, dailytrek said:

I have labeled the main level walls with high shed/gable wall for the side I want high and full gable wall on the two side walls. The lower wall roof options are blank.  The attic walls also are all blank.

Any ideas to resolve this?

None of those settings matter when you are using manual roofs. 

Redraw the roof to reflect what you want.

Just now, dailytrek said:

I've redrawn the roof manually a couple times

You are drawing it wrong. Think about how you drew it and the result. What do you need to change to make the slope run in the correct direction?

Not giving you a hard time -- just encouraging you to see for yourself what needs to be done.

Eric--Thank you for your prior direction and encouragement.

I got the two roof planes going the right way and now need to raise the lower walls on both sides of the entry so I can place a flat roof over that middle section/entry. I've added a flat roof above

but it connects to the other two slanted roof planes when I need the flat roof about a foot lower (thus why I need to raise the lower walls). The doc says to increase the ceiling to increase the wall but that is not working. Any hints? 

Annotation 2020-08-28 104158.png

1 hour ago, dailytrek said:

The doc says to increase the ceiling to increase the wall but that is not working. Any hints? 

Raising the ceiling, much like adding roof directives in walls (pitch, full gable etc) only works when auto building roofs.

Select the roof planes you want to change, use Transform/Replicate to move in the Z axis.