Problems with Gable over Front Porch

RJBBHB

I would like to create a gable roof over the front porch (like the one shown in the attached sketch).  But, when generating one with the automatic roof tool I get a huge gable (see attached). I'm assuming that I would need to draw it manually, but not even sure how to start it.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Front Elevation sketch.pdf

Front Porch w: gable roof.png

Front Porch w: hip roof.png

24 minutes ago, RJBBHB said:

I'm assuming that I would need to draw it manually, but not even sure how to start it.

Videos on manual roofs on the Chief Website, and YouTube channel. I have a roofs playlist on my YouTube channel (link in my sig), David Potter has many videos on his channel.

Roof planes may be copied/pasted/moved around like any other object. 

Roofs build over rooms, so you could, for example, only build roofs for the entry, copy them, auto build, then paste/hold position the copied roof planes. Make changes to integrate them into the existing roof structure.

Read about Roof Groups too.

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

If you attach your plan file (close Pro first) when asking questions like this, others will have something to work with -- maybe make a video etc.

I'd suggest you copy/paste in place the two roof planes left of the door. While selected, center them on the door, then use Transform/Replicate to raise them and move them back over the door.

Reshape/connect the existing roof planes.