Missing gables over windows

GordonC

I lowered the roof pitch on my house plan from 8" to 6".  It regenerated my roof successfully except I lost a couple of gables - over my entry door and my rear picture windows.  Whatever I do whether I try and put them in manually or do the gable over window command - nothing happens.  I tried a simple 4 wall plan with the same 6" pitch, 27" eaves overhang with the same windows and door and it worked.  I am wondering if I missed one feature when I was redoing the pitch and that is screwing up these gables.  My isometric of the house looks fine, apart from omission of these two gables.  Any help would be appreciated.  Using HD Architectural 2020.

Rear windows snip.JPG

Front door snip.JPG

I have saved the file and I had changed a lot of items DIG5050.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Probably should have saved a version before I did such wholesale changes.

Attached is the native file of my plan SOLVER.  Appreciate any help - I find this software both wonderful and frustrating.  Very powerful features but at times not intuitive.

44 Windward with garage & Rear Extension Both Directions 2.plan

Do you know how to place breaks in a wall and then set part of the wall to Full Gable?

ht1.png.97d0eeb6ab390f7060d2a8075ea8ac17.png

Design wise, I don't see where a gable on the rear over the windows would make sense, and what is this room you have defined in that area?

ht2.thumb.png.6a4e19adc4b4f181e5a30e995492085a.png

Thanks - I should have thought of that - but adding a gable line in had worked before I lowered the roof.

The house I am remodeling is a mid 80s that is pretty much as the original build and is pretty featureless.  Those big picture windows do however open up to a spectacular view of a lake and the area you refer to is where I am thinking of adding two large triangular windows to break up the look of the house.  I am therefore thinking of making a cathedral ceiling in a small area behind the windows to allow the use of such high windows.

Anyway breaking the walls and making that section a gable wall worked well - thanks again.

image.thumb.png.8e16d98e622ca55452599b324ed16542.png

BTW - this forum is incredibly helpful and I am super impressed by the knowledge of the members.