sloped walls

dbcriss

I'm building a bathroom in an upstairs room where the outside wall slopes in.  The outside wall is part of the roof system.  How do I do that?  The only room I'm working on is this one room, so I not intending to do a full floor plan in my CA Suites software.

23 minutes ago, dbcriss said:

I'm building a bathroom in an upstairs room where the outside wall slopes in.  The outside wall is part of the roof system. 

Build the model like the house. Use a roof plane to form the sloped wall.

13 hours ago, dbcriss said:

I'm building a bathroom in an upstairs room where the outside wall slopes in.  The outside wall is part of the roof system.  How do I do that?  The only room I'm working on is this one room, so I not intending to do a full floor plan in my CA Suites software.

What CA products will do is automatically create a sloped wall (or is that a sloped ceiling?) whenever a roof plane intersects a room.  To get the roof to cut into a wall, you have a few options.  Since you only want to model this one room, create a dummy first floor.  In the build roof dialog, look for the option "ignore top floor".  Make the first floor big enough that it creates a nice big roof.  Now build your second floor room with the walls "too close" to the roof and observe how the roof cuts into the room.  Now you can just play with the first floor to adjust where the roof cuts in, and model the room on the second floor as needed.  If the roof slope isn't right, click a first floor walls and press "ctrl + e" top edit the wall properties.  In this dialog, look for "roof" on the left which allows you to control some roof settings for any roof plane that emanates from this wall.  Make sure auto-roof is still on so that the roof regenerates.