Rotate House and Garage to go on Plot Plan

andr0id

I drew both my house and garage as separate plan files.

For both of those, I drew them with the front of the building oriented to the bottom of the page.

Now I need to put them together on the plot. I need the house rotated 180 degree and the garage rotated 90 degrees.

I cannot figure out how to do that. I rotated the garage plan view, but as soon as I pasted into the house plan, it change to the wrong orientation.

Can anybody tell me how to do this?

Rotating the plan view only changes the way you look at the plan... it's like as if you held your head sideways or rotated your monitor.  So when you copy and paste from one plan to another, it's as if nothing is different (because nothing is different).

Rotating a simple 1 story building with automatic foundation and roof in 90 degree increments shouldn't be a big problem, but generally you should rotate the plot plan not the building.  Since your garage and house are on separate plans, you'll have to rotate or redraw one of them.

So how do you rotate?  To rotate objects within the plan rather than just your view of the plan, select an object and look for the triangle "handle" associated with it.  You'll see several square handles for changing width and depth, the one in the center for moving an object and the triangle will be off to the side.  Grab the triangle and drag in a circular motion to rotate in 15 degree increments (which is controlled by your angle snap settings).

To rotate an entire structure, make sure all layers are turned on then drag a selection rectangle around it to select all, and look for that same triangular rotation handle.  It's as simple as that.  Then copy/paste.  Note that if your selection includes a sun angle, copy/paste will be disabled until you deselect it.

1 hour ago, andr0id said:

Can anybody tell me how to do this?

Edit>Edit Area (All Floors)

Copy Paste into the new plan, rotate as needed.

Best to have the buildings square with the screen and rotate the plot plan as needed.

Thank you Eric,

That did it for me!

2 hours ago, solver said:

Edit>Edit Area (All Floors)

Copy Paste into the new plan, rotate as needed.

Thank you, that actually worked very well.

2 hours ago, solver said:

Best to have the buildings square with the screen and rotate the plot plan as needed.

Crazily enough, I face straight N/S!