A few ‘basic’ features I don’t see in HD Architectural 2021 – am I right?

MauiMike

After using HD Architectural 2021 for a month I noted some features that seem basic to me but I don’t see them in the program. Just making sure they are really not there:

-Having horizontal AC outlets
-Having any control over interior or exterior window sill size and/or color
-Having any selection of window and door casing styles
-Showing room measurements under the room name in ½” increments instead of 1” increments
-Centering objects between 2 objects (e.g., a cabinet between 2 windows)
-Spacing objects evently (e.g., selecting 5 recessed lights and having them space equidistantly from first to last)
-Having a different background/backdrop image for the house using 1 image for the front of the house and 1 for the back of the house (it’s disorienting to see the ocean on both sides of the house …) in 3D view

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, MauiMike said:

Centering objects between 2 objects (e.g., a cabinet between 2 windows)

This feature was just added to Chief this latest release -- center between 2 points, and in chief, you can pick up centers and edges of things.

When I was using Pro, I frequently drew CAD lines to use where there was nothing to locate.

Center cad lines on 2 windows. Draw a 3rd line connecting those 2. The center tool will find the center of the connecting CAD line.

3 hours ago, MauiMike said:

Centering objects between 2 objects (e.g., a cabinet between 2 windows)

For centering a cabinet between 2 windows, or more specifically the casing on each window, place a cabinet between them and drag each end of the cabinet until it bumps into the casing. Open the cabinet and set the width you want.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2020 at 8:46 PM, MauiMike said:

-Spacing objects evenly (e.g., selecting 5 recessed lights and having them space equidistantly from first to last)

It takes a little planning ahead but you can use the Transform/Replicate Object Tool. It's not ideal and only works before fact but it helps.

17 minutes ago, afgrove said:

It takes a little planning ahead but you can use the Transform/Replicate Object Tool. It's not ideal and only works before fact but it helps.

7 minutes ago, MauiMike said:

I'm not seeing this feature - is it in the Architectural version?

Pro only.