Maine Lake House

scottb613

Hi Folks,

As a testament to the ease of use of HDS - I've completed most of my planned home build in about a week after my initial purchase of HDS - first time through with absolutely no prior building experience. I certainly have enough to sit down with a builder and discuss my plan intelligently. I've attached the file for review - external site hosted as it exceeds capacity here - feedback most welcome (especially critical) and I have a few questions.

I imported custom objects and used all the addon libraries extensively - I'm not sure if the "plan" file contains all this extra data. 

As displayed - in the first pix - I have two [Anderson Bay Window 45 Degree (7' 2" 1/2 x 3' 2")] incorporated in the design - which I can't seem to add in HDS - would something as I've illustrated in the first picture work ? Is there a way to make it in HDS I am unaware of ? The "Bay Window" function in HDS seems pretty limited so I just through in some casement windows as a place holder.

In the second image - there's the timber roof support holding up the massive overhanging roof - HDS seemed unable to create same - so I built the shape in an external program and imported it into HDS. Doing this means it's just a pretty shape and has no structure in the actual model. Does it appear as if what I modeled would work practically in real life ? I wanted beefy 6x6 timbers and this doesn't match up with the deck supports below - which it appears - I have absolutely no control over. I would want the 6x6 posts to go all the way to the ground eliminating some of the automatically generated deck supports.

I want the fireplace - to be a "real" masonry fireplace - not one of those instant pieces of tin with a boxed in stove pipe attached. Are the dimensions I set big enough to handle a true masonry fireplace ? I'm not sure how they are constructed these days - concrete with rock veneer façade ?  

Maine Lake House (Plan File)

https://mega.nz/file/Z0gjkR4a#9qliXE97JHpidpD-ZRTw2tx9kq9aC521g9wOv_MO_P4

MaineFront.thumb.jpg.979ca3361ecf8acbbdc7251e8879799e.jpg

MaineBack.thumb.jpg.e1fc6759370100e6e8e73bf83da746fd.jpg

I would certainly appreciated any input - - - Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Good job on the build....

For Bay windows, build them manually, for the fireplace type  "fireplace" in the library search bar, pick

a fireplace and change the material or use box shapes to manually build it. Use a box shape to create beams, also for the box shape open it's

specification box, click elevation reference, ceiling or roof and click flush mounted to get the shape at an angle.

For the Deck rename it to Balcony.

18 hours ago, LawB10 said:

Good job on the build....

For Bay windows, build them manually, for the fireplace type  "fireplace" in the library search bar, pick

a fireplace and change the material or use box shapes to manually build it. Use a box shape to create beams, also for the box shape open it's

specification box, click elevation reference, ceiling or roof and click flush mounted to get the shape at an angle.

For the Deck rename it to Balcony.

Hi...

Thanks for the comment and tips - I’ll play around with it some more.

I put the entire project in an album on Flickr for anyone interested - I’ll probably keep it up when we start construction - hopefully next year.

Maine Lake House

Regards,

Scott