Copying an entire floor from one plan to another

Badger22

Hi,

I’m using Home Designer Architectural 2020 to test out a number of different options for a large-scale renovation and extension to our home.

Is there a way of copying an entire floor from one plan to another, i.e. if I want to combine the first floor I created for plan A with the second floor I created for plan B?

I’d rather not have to re-create all the changes, as the internal configurations are quite different in the two plans, but can’t find an option for doing a copy/move like this.

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Badger22 said:

Is there a way of copying an entire floor from one plan to another, i.e. if I want to combine the first floor I created for plan A with the second floor I created for plan B?

You cannot copy a floor, but you can group select all the objects on a floor and copy/paste those.

The problem is that Architectural lacks the precise positioning tools needed to align floor to floor.

Best to just experiment and see what happens.

Remember the Paste/Hold Position tool, and you will need to create a blank floor in the plan your are copying to.

• Like 1

Note there is at least one thing in HD Pro that you cannot copy/paste:  a sun angle CAD line.  If you select one as part of a large group, the copy/paste option will be disabled for the whole group until you unselect the sun angle, or make a new selection that doesn't include it.  So if you ever notice that you can't copy/paste, that could be the problem.

EDIT: I need to disable notifications for votes.  Why would anyone down vote this?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, davidstvz said:

Why would anyone down vote this?

BTW I did not "down vote" you but I thought I would mention that anyone can do anything they please in terms of up voting or down voting. It is a choice and is thereby not controlled by reason or ethics, just emotion at the time. I recommend that you ignore stupid people and just do what you do.

DJP

5 hours ago, Badger22 said:

was just hoping otherwise!

That cognition is just part of the actual learning curve: they pre-programmed it to work along particular lines and that is what it does. No matter the issue it is as it is and does what it does, so it is incumbent upon us to figure out how it is configured to work and then go with that. I do understand.

DJP

On 7/29/2020 at 8:33 AM, DavidJPotter said:

BTW I did not "down vote" you but I thought I would mention that anyone can do anything they please in terms of up voting or down voting. It is a choice and is thereby not controlled by reason or ethics, just emotion at the time. I recommend that you ignore stupid people and just do what you do.

DJP

That is all we can do sometimes.  And I didn't think it was you for what it's worth.