Fix roof heights

cooldood

Ok guys sorry to keep buggin you but I ma so close I do not want to make things worse :blink:

I want all my roof heights to be the same.  I tried changing the pitch on the two gables but doesn't seem to change.  I would alos like to be able to fix the porch to have the same "timber" looking trim not a wall.  

image.thumb.png.910534ff7fb5828db25d2689971830b6.png

image.thumb.png.0943fec907d0615b880dc421413171fc.png

Make the porch wider, left to right, or raise the porch ceiling height, or change the pitch of the roof on the porch. 

There are various ways to get the timber look, depending on which version of HD do you have. 

Relative to Auto or manual roof creation the "Height" or "Plate Height" of roofs per enclosed space (Roof Specification Dialog - Structure Tab - Ceiling Height) is what controls/determines the height of roofs. Pitch is set globally in the "Build Roof Dialog - Pitch" input box but can also be controlled using Auto Roofs command by way of individual "Wall Specification Dialog box - Roof Tab - Pitch over this wall" input box in Architectural. Architectural includes NO manual roof tools so you are stuck with settings as your only method of control over roofs.

5 hours ago, cooldood said:

I want all my roof heights to be the same.

Then make sure all enclosed spaces have their

5 hours ago, cooldood said:

I tried changing the pitch on the two gables but doesn't seem to change.

g heights set the same.

Changing the pitch only alters/changes the angle of the roofs and not their baseline height as above.

Your last question requires the use of sloped soffits to emulate an open truss, one can also use the Custom Back splash tool for custom objects but I prefer soffits for that, it is a choice.

DJP

18 minutes ago, cooldood said:

Thanks but I already have watched some videos but I must have missed how to fix this.  

I apologize for inconveniencing you 

Helping others is a privilege and its is fun usually, sometimes it is hard but it is always satisfying for the helped and the helpers.

DJP 

• Like 1