Ceiling Height on Floor 1 Defaults to varied Heights below 8'

LisaJWood

Hi all,

Home Designer Pro 2019

I have created a two story plan. The first floor needs to have 9'H finished ceilings. The second floor has 9'H ceilings in the master and vaulted in the main living/kitchen area.  A deck comes off of the living room (2nd story).

The first floor is having challenges. When I try to change the ceiling height in each room, some of the alerts are get are:

1. Ceiling values may not be changed as the floor above this room has varying heights. 

2. In the bedroom to the left, the "ceiling structure is fir framing". I can't seem to change it to be "ceiling finish Default: Color".

Thank you for your wisdom.

Lisa 

Screenshot 2020-07-16 16.12.25.png

8 minutes ago, LisaJWood said:

The first floor needs to have 9'H finished ceilings

Set your Floor defaults.

Edit>Reset To Defaults

Choose All Floors, Floor and Ceiling heights.

Raise the non default ceilings on the 2nd floor.

11 minutes ago, LisaJWood said:

the "ceiling structure is fir framing". I can't seem to change it to be "ceiling finish Default: Color".

The structure sounds correct. You want Ceiling Finish to have a correct material.

Attach the plan file if problems persist.

Thank you Eric, the default tip worked. :-) 

I'm still not seeing a finished ceiling in the bedroom (Floor 1 - Bedroom 2). Unfortunately, I cannot upload the plan file due to size. It's over the max. When I went to the Room Specification, it shows a ceiling finish listed now, but the camera view shows the ceiling structure. I'm not sure what I'm missing. And you can also see that that the molding goes to approximately one foot below the raw ceiling. 

1218700498_ScreenShot2020-07-16at7_06_15PM.thumb.png.a56dab34747a1be77e32bef16d10570a.png

Here's another photo of the raw ceiling. 

Bedroom 2.jpg