Porch Roof

cooldood

#1. Move the short end wall of the porch inward, until you see the gable of the main house pop up.
#2. Lower the pitch on the short wall and the front (porch) wall.
#3. Turn on the floor reference, and go to the attic level. Draw an exterior wall (attic wall) over the gable wall below.
      Open this wall and check the box "no room definition" and "no locate".

• Like 1

two more quick questions. 

For some reason I can not select the roof to change the color.  I am in full pers, view and can change walls 

Walls how do I add trim to exterior walls?

I want blue shingles but it seems I can pick shakes/shingles but I cannot change the color

• Downvote 1

Try to edit in 2D - open for specification - go to materials and edit it from there 

To add a corner trim click the icon seen in the image and video below   

To change the color go into 3D ( At the top toolbar ) there is this icon that has three colors click that icon, then click the material you want to change, then go to texture - material color - check the box that says blend with texture - then click what color you want it to be

1070665379_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.7c8d2e2ead2a09bf797f9d98298221e2.png

• Like 1

In Architectural you can create an overview camera, then select the "Material Sprayer" tool. Select the intended material and then "Spray" that new material on your roof planes. Using that tool you can reach/touch any surface or object you wish to change its material from one to another.

DJP

• Like 1

If you used a Box-bow window then using corner boards will NOT work. If you drew the box or bay window manually, then corner boards can be applied. The Box-Bay Window tool has built in limitations as above and others. Building a manual box or bay window is more work of course manually but can give you more freedom in terms of the outcome.

DJP