How to rotate my plan (view) in HD architect 2021

Bobbymacgee68

Hello, 

I'm new to HD, just bought the Architect 2021 version. Refering to previous topics: can I rotate my plan with this version? I can't find the tools described. Neither can I rotate the objects. 

By now, I imported a CSV altitude of the surroundings of my home and built a 3D terrein. And i imported an dxf of the terrain-border and the "borders" of our house and neighbours (using QGIS). In that way I have starting point as I want to model my house as well as the garden and direct surroundings. I hope this way of working fits into the software? Problem is that our house is (of course) not situated exactly not-south, though we're only lacking 1-2 degrees ;-). 

thanks, Robert

Ideally, you would rotate your terrain so that the house walls are square with the screen.

I don't see how you can do this, nor do I see how to set the program up to draw walls so they will snap to an off angle.

Maybe someone experienced using Architectural will comment.

Hi - I worked on a plan design in HDPro ( not sure if you have Chief Architect or HD Architectural ) that had a couple of odd angled walls that they were non rectilinear (90degree) apart to each other - not ideal but allows a bit more design freedom I guess.

I discovered in the 'General Plan defaults' - double click on 'Select Objects' pointer....

I entered the angles I wanted to establish and worked away from there.

On the screen  image attached I added 25 and 35 degrees for example.

Also the plan (part) I worked on with odd angles.

Hope this helps you.

general plan defaults.png

My Plan HDPro.png

thanks for the replies! Correct, I have HD Architectural. 

The advice I found on the web is rotating the plan. From your replies I conclude that I need HD Pro for this. Am I correct?

As I'm no pro-user, I hope to find a solution with my current license. 

A tric could be rotating in QGIS, but that's not that easy too. 

Robert