Home Designer Pro 2021 : Floor Trusses and specifying floor joist by room

Tyler_K

When building a house framing, how do you automatically specify the use of floor trusses? All I see is manually draw them under the "Build - Framing - Joist" selection. Also, can I automatically specify different floor joist by room designation? I have different size TJI's based on the room type and span and specifying everything before hand will really saves some time in generating a accurate bill of materials

11 minutes ago, solver said:

Open each room, review the settings on the Structure panel.

Thanks Eric. It looks like it lets me change the material type and Joist type, but does not let me change to a truss or change the specifics about the joist (I-Joist Flange Width)

The default floor framing is an I-Joist.

15 minutes ago, Tyler_K said:

does not let me change to a truss

What type of truss do you want?

18 minutes ago, Tyler_K said:

or change the specifics about the joist (I-Joist Flange Width)

Why change the flange width?

10 minutes ago, solver said:

What type of truss do you want?

Just the standard style of floor truss, constructed of 2x4 material

FLOOR-TRUSS Floor System

10 minutes ago, solver said:

Why change the flange width?

So for example, I have an area with a 22' span in the living room and this would require a TJI-560 which has a 3-1/2" flange. Other areas that have a  short span or are in bedrooms where the loading is lower, I would spec a TJI-110 which has a 1-3/4" flange (considerably less expensive). Even though both TJI's would be 14" deep, being able to designate the flange size should group them differently in the bill of materials, thus making it considerably more accurate.