Garage Door Under Terrain by Default

DapperDan

Hi,

If I make a simple 4 sided building, change structure type to garage, add a garage door, and create a terrain perimeter, the garage door is below the terrain by a couple of inches.

What's the best solution to get the garage door flush with the terrain?

Thanks!

In my experience (25 years) of using this software I just, once I see how they programmed it to work, as Jo Ann said, un check the automatic setting, create a elevation camera and then measure from the bottom of the garage door (which is commonly the lowest floor level) to wherever the terrain (grade level) is and then manually set the terrain to that value (about 1" below the garage door to allow for a driveway object which is commonly shown as 1" thick. Once you see how they programmed it to work you work with that to get your desired result. No default setting can "fit all" possible situations,that is where you have to step in and take control.

DJP

• Like 1

Thanks to both of you for the help :)

Is there a standard manner that slab on grade garage foundations are built?

I've built the garage to how it should look in the attached plans, but I have no idea if the assumptions I used in the floor structure/foundations are reasonable or not.

My plans call for a 9-foot garage height with a finished attic.

I'm trying to determine what heel height is required to get my dormer window at 40 inches bottom height, to make room for a countertop below it.

Do the attached floor structure/foundation settings make sense?

Thanks!

garage.plan