313Architect

Hey, sorry about that last roof post I am still new to this software. I am noticing that my exterior lights aren't turning on when I am outside of the house, how do I fix this? Also is there a night time mode where I can change the lighting?

Thank you

Home Designer Pro 2021

When you're in a 3D view, go to the 3D menu, then the lighting sub menu and choose "toggle sunlight".  This disables the sun completely which seems to be the only way to simulate night time.  Your lights might be too dim to see in the sun and may show up once you do this.  You might also change the backdrop to something more appropriate for night time.

To be honest, I'm kind of surprised that when you're using a sun angle (which automatically sets the sun position based on date and time of day) that it doesn't adjust the sun's brightness for the time of day and also disable it completely when you set a time after sunset.

Also each light source has a dialog box where it can be turned on or off and one can edit the type and intensity of its light and in Display Options, lights are on a layer than can be turned on or off via that dialog.

If you have not already, please read your Users Guide found under the "Help" menu when the software is open and you can select any object (light, wall, window, door etc) and then depress your "F1" key on your keyboard and that command will open the "Help Files" for that object type that was selected.

PS: This video may also help you find resources you need: 

DJP

Thank you @davidstvz and @DavidJPotter I found out what my issue was. For the Exterior Path lights they were only showing light inside of the houses until I was messing around for a few hours and I switched the exterior path lights level to zero and then the lights would show. Also thank you to @davidstvz for the toggle sunlight tip because I was just turning down the sunlight and it wasn't satisfying me. If there is anyone who needs more help here are two articles to help with exterior lighting. 

Go down to Manage Lights 

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00777/working-with-light-sources.html

• Upvote 1