Create angled slab/beam

Keys2Heaven

Hello!

I'm working on a home plan in HD Pro 2021 and I'm in the process of drawing up a timber frame covered porch off the rear of the home. I want to create some angled support gussets/braces but I'm not sure how to get what I want at a 45 degree angle. I'm using a slab object to dimension and trim up. I'll need to do the same thing when it comes time to do the rafters.

Attached is a photo of what I'm trying to replicate:

Gusset.JPG

One more question....

I have the braces built and I'm applying to the structure. I have some posts/beam close to the house and when I try to position this brace, it snaps to the exterior wall (since it is a backsplash object I assume).

I've tried turning off all the snap functions, but sill can't place the object.

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Keys2Heaven said:

Any suggestions?

I just tested the backsplash method and found the same thing you are. I could get it to center on the wall by changing some settings, but the backsplash would disappear in 3D.

Create a new plan with a wall and just your backsplash against it, post it, and I'll make you a symbol that will work.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, solver said:

I just tested the backsplash method and found the same thing you are. I could get it to center on the wall by changing some settings, but the backsplash would disappear in 3D.

Create a new plan with a wall and just your backsplash against it, post it, and I'll make you a symbol that will work.

Thank Eric. I'll do that. Might be a day or two before I can post.

Hello K2H,

I was able to get this close using soffits for all of the truss members and posts, and backsplash for the braces.

I also used backsplash for the black iron straps on the trusses.

Close enough to what you want?

With a little more work, you can eliminate the soffit surface on the ceiling and fit the trusses right up under the roof planes like the picture, but it takes more effort.

I hope this helps.

Porch.jpg

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, DIG5050 said:

Hello K2H,

I was able to get this close using soffits for all of the truss members and posts, and backsplash for the braces.

I also used backsplash for the black iron straps on the trusses.

Close enough to what you want?

With a little more work, you can eliminate the soffit surface on the ceiling and fit the trusses right up under the roof planes like the picture, but it takes more effort.

I hope this helps.

Porch.jpg

Thanks Dig! I was wanting to do the straps as well. I'll look at both options you and Eric presented. Mind you, most of this is just for visual presentation, but wanted to add some finer detail.