Change first floor to a new second floor?

Randall30

I have one story house design. Is there a way to change the first floor, complete with the furniture, appliances, etc to a second floor? My reason is that I want to design a single story house but with a pier and beam foundation; and what I am reading online is that in order to create a pier and beam foundation the piers have to be created as a 'first floor'. So somehow I need to take my existing first floor and change it to a second floor. Or do I need to start from scratch?

Cool thank you. I do not see the floor swapping option in my Home Designer Suite 2016, but I do see it in the HDS Architectural trial version I downloaded; that cinches my decision to upgrade to Architectural for $99. I want that swap floor feature! :)

You'll be able to rotate your deck too, so yes it's probably worth it for you.  And if this doesn't work for some reason, don't be afraid to just recreate the house.  Now that you have some experience with the program, you'll find it's much easier than you think.  If you created any custom sized/colored furniture, then right click them and add them to your user library so you can quickly add them to a new plan.