Home Pro 8 data folders

KhryssEmyrielle

back ups of my latest works using HD Pro 2015 are saved automatically in the HD Pro 2015 data folder...and plan files/layouts are saved in the other folder with my client's name. my only concern is,.. is it will NOT affect the  program HD Pro 2015 if i delete this two folders? i'd like to delete these two folders (amounting almost 7GB)  to save disk space since i'm already using HD Pro 2015. thank you.

Engr. Rodante H. Bernabe

Home Designer 2015

Windows Vista Home Premium

you haven't said what folders you are talking about .......

and where are all your OLD Plans stored ?  usually in the DATA Folder too .....  you don't want to back any of them up ?

just trying to be sure , I don't want to be blamed if you delete something you need....  

the two folders i'm talking about are Home Designer Pro 8 and Home Designer Pro 8 Data which are under Documents folder.... all my OLD plans folders and these two folders that i'm talking about had been saved in a DVD already ....i  want to delete these two folders,(Home Designer Pro 8 and Home Designer Pro 8 Data) to gain disk space. i want to know if it will AFFECT the program HD Pro 2015 if i delete these two folders?

I am not sure why there is a Pro8 folder in My Docs unless you installed Pro 8 in My Documents originally ,instead of in the Programs Folder but I see you are still on Vista , and things were done differently in that OS , it looks like everything is backed up to DVD according to you , so it should be fine to delete the folders. AFAIK nothing in 2015 is using anything in the old program or data folders it is a separate installation and could stay if you didn't need the space , if you want to be sure rename the two folders by adding the word OLD to the end of the name and wait a week to see if Pro 2015 tries to find the old folder, if not it , it is safe to delete.