Trying to draw a room with the cape cod crunch

LSchott

Greetings, 

Brand new to this and just purchased HD Suite 2021 last night. Been having fun learning, watched a load of videos and read ton but the one thing I purchased this to do I am having trouble figuring it out. 

I have a cape cod house. Remodeling my second floor master bedroom. The roof pitch is 12/12. The side walls go to 48" then the ceiling slope begins. The ceiling height is 90".

I would like to have this drawn out on the program but cannot seem to figure it out. I tried messing with "cathedral" but couldn't get the right results.

I really don't want to add in the roof elements just for this one room. Is there a way to work with just this room or do I have to design the entire house?  

I would also love any learning resources. Thanks in advance for the wisdom. 

LSchott

room sketch.jpg

9 minutes ago, LSchott said:

I really don't want to add in the roof elements just for this one room. Is there a way to work with just this room or do I have to design the entire house?  

I would also love any learning resources.

You don't need to model the entire house, you just need to understand how the program works enough to create your single room.

The best place to start is HomeDesignerSoftware.com. Use the search there -- search for cape cod to start.

I linked a few other resources above.

You will need a roof, because it creates your ceiling.

• Like 1