Angles & Trim

CCarpenter

I am working with "log post 1" or a cylinder shape or "8" single log piece" any will do. I am trying to make a 45 degree brace as well as some angled pergola pieces @ +/-30 degrees. How can I place these pieces at an angle.

Also, I would like to add a 1x5 trim board to the roof fascia boards, how can I do that? I could make the piece out of a shape or even use CA-001 but, again how can I place it an an angle? The shape handles don't allow for this (rotating just distorts the shape) and there is nothing in the Specification box for angles. 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, CCarpenter said:

How can I place these pieces at an angle.

Don't think you can. Probably need to use different software like SketchUp to model them, then import.

3 hours ago, CCarpenter said:

I would like to add a 1x5 trim board to the roof fascia boards, how can I do that?

Search my YouTube channel for custom backsplash for some ideas.

A sloped soffit might also work.

5 minutes ago, CCarpenter said:

It would be helpful to have the ability to create and work with them in 3D.

I agree. This is one of the many reasons I'm now using Chief Architect and not Home Designer.

I'm able to add shadow boards (extra fascia trim) and moldings to represent a drip edge, for example, as well as a frieze that may also be multiple moldings, and define my own molding profiles, all easily and automatically.

ht1.thumb.png.a29afbf34a07e58efb202e38efbda5de.png