Log Cabin

CCarpenter

I'm creating documentation drawings for an existing log cabin. The logs, on average are 1' diameter. I can change the log profiles in the library to 1' width but, I don't seem to be able the change the height, it is grayed out at 10". Do you know of any workarounds? Also, the logs in this cabin pass each other at the corners and the end cuts are exposed. Any thoughts on how to make that happen? Thank you!

Home Designer Pro 2021

Log Siding 1 is a siding, not a round log and you cannot make it into one.

You may adjust its height after applying it to a wall with the Adjust Material Definition tool.

I have round log symbols in the library too.

ht1.thumb.png.d0e88b648d9cd8a185faf2fa3b192e56.png

I was using the log siding to create a wall and not trying to make it a log. However, I was trying to get the height and number of logs in a wall to display correctly i.e.: # of existing logs in the wall and that is why I was trying to change the height. 

Are you suggesting I build the cabin out of these log pieces? Would I be able to insert doors and windows?

Under log pieces I seem to only have 8" logs but, I see I have the ability to modify the size.

4 minutes ago, CCarpenter said:

Are you suggesting I build the cabin out of these log pieces?

That's up to you -- how accurate you want the model to look. They are symbols and used just for looks. You would still need walls to form rooms and to place doors and windows.