Masonry Construction - Lanai's and Columns

EStier

I am a builder that does additions to existing houses.  We primarily build with masonry construction.  Many of my projects have lanais that are also built out of masonry.  I could use some help on how to do a  few things.

1. How can i make my posts show up on my floor plan.  Sometimes we fill in between the columns and I would like to show where the new and existing are.  I use railings to create the space and the columns can be 8x8, 8x16, 12x12 or 16x16.

2.  Is it possible to create a masonry column in HDP?  

3.   In the railings dialogue I can change the size of the newel to look like a masonry column.  However the beam above is still a 2-2x12 beam.  ours are typically 8x16 and sit directly on top of the column.

I put my most recent plan file in this post.  Remember - I am a builder and hand these off to my draftsman.  I am not worried about small flaws.  It is good enough for my clients to figure out.

ScreenHunter 252.png

ScreenHunter 253.png

Roarty 2.0 Test.plan

I don't have Pro 2019, so this is Pro 2020.

You can vary the width of the beam by changing the thickness of the wall. Don't know of a way to change the height of the beam.

You could draw these things manually with the slab tool and they would look correct. Use a Room Divider to form the room.

Showing a 16" column and with a 16" thick wall.

ht1.thumb.png.4bc56b4417aef703c89c3e964321dbbb.png

On 5/23/2020 at 11:38 AM, Rookie65 said:

You can change the beam widths and heights in HDP 2021

Where do you see that?  I looked all through the railing specification and don't see anything.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:14 AM, Rookie65 said:

One of the new features in HDP 2021 is that the posts do show up in railings on the floor plans. You can also adjust the size of your beams in the railings.

4 hours ago, solver said:

Look at the Rails panel.

Found it, thanks