Roof planes not connecting correctly

laurenmajor

I have been manually creating the roof on a house I am creating remodel plans for. In the process of doing so, I have run into issues of the roof planes not joining with the other planes (image 1), and also the planes cutting into my interior rooms (image 2). I am new to this software, so if you have any suggestions on how to correct these issues please let me know. Thanks in advance!

left side issue.JPG

roof extent.JPG

It will help everyone if you put the title and year of the program you are using (Architectural, Pro, 2020, 2021, etc.), as each program has different options. Then I would strongly suggest spending some time with the reference manual and built in help menu so you aren't always waiting for someone to respond.

You now need to read up on how the "Join Roofs" tool works and how it is not designed to work to finish up your roofs. A good place to start is your provided "Reference Manual" found under the "Help" Menu. Read the section on "Manual Roofs and Manual Roof Tools", then find and watch some tutorials about manual roof editing on the Home Designer Website - Knowledge Base and via searches at YouTube for such videos done by me and other Chief/HD users posted there. Only then will you be able to figure out and finish your roof design.

DJP

You will find a lot of it in the manual. As I am sure "Solver" will add his comment, update your signature to show the title so it will appear in every post. Sometimes the "join roof" tool can help you as well.