Small roof over box window

azdesigner

I can't find a help topic to show me how to do a small roof over a box window, like in the photo attached. Does anyone know of an article or video that would explain this? (I'm trying to do it over a bumpout, not a true box window.)  Thanks.

Helena

Home Designer Architectural 2021

Phoenix

photo of box window.jpg

You will not be able to duplicate that roof using Architectural at all. You will have to be happy with three hip roof planes with only an auto-generated roof (this is true in Suite and Architectural but NOT in Home Designer Pro). In Architectural you can manually draw the three walls of the Architectural feature or use the box bay window tool but neither Suite or Architectural is capable of curved roof planes.You might be able to find such a roof symbol at 3D Warehouse that you can import and apply to your plan that looks like the roof planes in the photo, on that you will just have to look and see.

DJP

I created one in 3D software that I have. It will import into the plan and you can scale it to the size you want. I have to create a lot of custom objects so let me know if you need anything. I have included the file and it is 3ds. I have found that this file type works best with curves or flared objects.

Thanks

1468430734_Agedcopper.thumb.jpg.27c61e74f3d21ef7198d6f7db59ad765.jpgroof flared.3ds

• Like 1

Thanks for your help, everyone.  Just wondering, can I reply to a specific comment, or does it all go in the main thread? 

DavidJPotter, is there a video that shows how to do what you describe?  Darkhorse 41, thank you for sharing that download.  Any tips for applying it to the bumpout?  How would I remove the auto-generated roof for the bumpout so that I can install the roof?