1 1/2 story

azdesigner

Hi, first time posting, so I hope I do it right.  I'm using Home Designer Architectural 2021.  I read the article "Automatically Building a One and a Half Story Roof",  which is what I want to do, setting my second floor walls at 24 inches and then later changing them back to the default, as directed.  The "half" story builds just fine. However, when I look at the inside using the camera view, there are no knee walls as shown in the example.  And the outside shows no difference, either, with the roof sitting on the 1st floor walls instead of the knee walls.  Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?  

HHart

Home Designer Architectural 2021

Thanks for your response.  I tried doing it with a simple rectangle, and it worked fine, so I think I'm doing it correctly.  So I'm guessing that I'm doing something wrong with the more complex design of my actual house plan, which looks like a series of rectangles connected together.  Could it be that I have to do create the second floor at the beginning?  I spent a lot of time designing the first floor and then tried to build the second floor.  Perhaps I should have created the second floor right away?

Helena

Home Designer Architectural 2021

Phoenix